Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

This One Doesn’t Have a Title

by James Babbs

according to the bathroom scale
I’m up to 250 pounds
the heaviest I’ve ever been
I know I’m fat and need to lose some weight
I’ve never tried to pretend
I’m thin and beautiful
but I have gone past mirrors
and stopped to look at myself
thinking I wasn’t too bad
after all
I still have my own hair
and all of my own teeth
even my wisdom teeth
at the back of my mouth
I’ve heard some people have trouble with them
when they start coming in
but I never did
and I never had to have my tonsils out
I still have all my original parts
and the only bones I’ve ever broken
were two small ones in my right foot
after a large box of laundry soap
fell on it many years ago
when I worked the night shift at Wal-Mart
and didn’t weigh near as much
as what I do now

No comments:

Post a Comment