Travelers Welcome

Travelers Welcome

Sunday, August 26, 2012

If Nobody is Guilty, Who Can be Innocent?

by Emma Ambos

Whip-o-whisp
a secret told to the stars
(Trustworthy little suns)
Sparkle
Tickle the heart
with a
Shot
Gun
          (It’s just a little kiss…)
I ripped your
chemise
right      off
a split up a pale curtain
you, god-perfect
           (So much more
paleflesh            underneath…)
Oh,

but how you smiled

a sparrow
after the rain has cried
            
And, oh, how beautiful you are
I miss the sprawlofyourhair-listless
                                                       lazy
                                                            bedded-down
In the mess we
DRAGON-flies
in the midnoon

Gosh, we got dirty, doll
Nude-naked
down to the bourbon

            (I lau-gh-ed at your shy/eyes)

But now my room is just me
and your laugh
              (ECHOS)
round like a spiders web

I wish I hadn’t
let
your
hips
sway
AWAY
          (Not goodbye yet…)

No comments:

Post a Comment